Blog

Latest blog posts

The GOOD Kind of Pain

22 February, 2018.  5 Minute Read. By Stanley Obiamalu.

If you have ever heard the words ‘be patient’ and you have had to wait a length of time for anything, then you must have the experience that patience is not the easiest action. Waiting sucks! And waiting for a lengthy period of time can tempt even the most enduring and long-suffering person.

In a lot of ways, waiting has tested me sorely! I have had to wait for things that I needed desperately. I have been tested and tried by patience and I have learnt that patience is in fact a virtue that comes with some amazing benefits. And below is an outline of some of the benefits of patience:

PATIENCE prepares the YOU:
Patience is an asset one that stays with whomever that will endure the pain that it brings. It is an asset that does not only strengthen the bearer but also prepares him or her for the storms of life and the challenges of of growing a business.

I have had to face some really big challenges at SOS and it was my experience with patience over a long period of time that got me to endure the bad days and still achieve my goals in spite of the stumbling blocks and set backs.

Patience is one of the top ingredients needed to achieve long-term results, it is the factor that I needed to conquer those situations in live and business that would otherwise break us or stop us in our stride. You will observe that in an adverse situation, those who keep calm, take a step back analyze the situation and create options as to how to defeat unexpected challenges are the ones who conquer the adverse situation. The ability to keep calm and be rational in an adverse situation is something that is learned over a period of years and this tutelage, is only acquired through patience.

PATIENCE molds YOU into a success:
Scientist and psychologists suggest that people who are willing to wait for a certain period of time rather that give in to immediate gratification are more likely to achieve such a great reward that it transforms them into a success over time. It has also been researched that without the wait, nothing worth while can be achieved.

Ballet is one of the hardest art forms on Earth

Ballet is one of the most difficult dance art forms to master and  ballerina’s must endure and imbibe rigorous training and even physical pain to become a major success in ballet dancing.  I do not know of any successful person who did not endure some sort of pain in form of patience before he or she became a success. Jay-Z, Cash Money, Ice Prince Zamani, Wiz Kid to business mogul such as Jeff Bezos (AMAZON), Steve Jobs (APPLE), Aliko Dangote (DANGOTE GROUP), had to wait to be successful. It may sound cliché but good things do come to those who wait.

PATIENCE helps YOU make fewer mistakes:
Have you ever had a situation where you made a bad decision in the spur of the moment? I’m guessing that everyone has, everyone including me. We are all guilty of making those decisions that we end up calling mistakes. You know, the decision to drink that last glass of wine when you know that you are at your limit, the decision to fund that project you weren’t patient enough to research properly. Well, I have  been a  victim of impatient decisions and what I have learnt is with patience all things become clearer, decisions become more informed and with these informed decisions come fewer mistakes.

PATIENCE helps YOU build a reputation:
Right now at the top of your hat, think about someone famous that you admire. For me at the moment, I can only think about my father. Although my dad is not into film making and directing, he is into granite mining and in all the years that he has become who he is today, he has had to build his reputation of a lengthy period of time. I’m talking about over 3 decades, I have been in motion picture and film making for less than a decade and I am still building my reputation. I aspire to be more renown, I aspire to have a visual empire and in the building of my empire I have learnt that reputation building takes time and consistency.

PATIENCE helps YOU master YOURSELF:
Self mastery is needed to navigate the ups and downs of life but self-mastery is one of the most difficult attributes to acquire. Immediate gratification is not what strong men and strong business minds are made of. You ought to have self control so that the decisions which you make on a daily basis is a stepping stone to attaining your long term goals and long standing success.
A lack of patience is a sure sign that there is a lack of self control and these two vices in tandem stagnates progress.

PATIENCE helps you BUILD the right team:
There is no business that grows alone, you need the right team members to  attain the great heights that you have envisioned for yourself.  It takes patience to know who will stand the test of time with your business, who will be the long standing part of your business and who will leave your business.

It takes time to build a successful business and in this time space where everything seems to be fast paced, there is a very huge spectrum of people who have unrealistic expectations. And these expectations are often mistaken as signs to give up. But a clear understanding of patience and trusting the process of development  is very important so that we don’t give up at the first time of challenges.

Comments (37)

1. Wealth Link Credit 富通信貸 » 樓宇按揭 says:

為您提供多元化樓宇按揭貸款方案、物業估價、按揭評估及計算機,助您挑選最合適的按揭計劃,讓您置業更有預算。了解更多渣打樓宇物業按揭服務。

1. Ving says:

This potinsg knocked my socks off

2. More Bonuses says:

1. Brenley says:

You’re on top of the game. Thanks for shriang.

3. 醫學美容-聲波-四重奏-cosmetic-wiki says:

laura mercier 蘿拉蜜思 【底妝】柔光粉底液 Moisturizing Foundation的商品介紹 laura mercier 蘿拉蜜思,底妝,柔光粉底液 Moisturizing Foundation

1. Dragon says:

Weeeee, what a quick and easy solnoitu.

4. Football Solutions George Boyd says:

It is when the conversation moves to cancer, to the brutal, debilitating side-effects of chemotherapy, that Ray Clemence reflects on his decision to retire. Football meant I never saw enough of my children… now I can’t let cancer rob me of time with my grandchildren

5. Tom says:

I just want to tell you that I am new to blogging and site-building and honestly loved you’re website. Very likely I’m planning to bookmark your blog post . You absolutely come with impressive articles. Appreciate it for revealing your website page. free online cooking games

1. Jeslyn says:

AFAIC thta’s the best answer so far!

2. Carajean says:

It’s really great that people are sharing this inmrfoation. http://ebhdsalfafy.com [url=http://fsoppcqz.com]fsoppcqz[/url] [link=http://rqeopnyifx.com]rqeopnyifx[/link]

6. steveclarke says:

Great blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog stand out. Please let me know where you got your design. Cheers Life Experience Degrees

1. Keydrick says:

I was struck by the hotsney of your posting

2. Kaylea says:

It’s wouenrfdl to have you on our side, haha!

7. Evaline says:

Gee whiz, and I thuoght this would be hard to find out.

8. SammyRut says:

Read our in-depth iPhone XS Max review
    Read our hands-on iPhone XR review
    link
    Read our hands-on Apple Watch 4 review
    iPhone XS price and release date
    iPhone XS

9. GeorgeCof says:

Los Blancos, with captain Sergio Ramos suspended after deliberately collecting a yellow card in the first leg, had been looking to build on a slender 2-1 lead from that game in Amsterdam and stay on course for a potential fourth straight European triumph.

However, after Raphael Varane’s header rattled the crossbar, Ajax raced into an early lead through Hakim Ziyech before Dusan Tadic set up David Neres for a second in the 18th minute.
    tinyurl
    Real Madrid were forced into two changes when Lucas Vazquez and Vinicius Junior went off injured, with substitute Gareth Bale hitting the post just before half-time.

Ajax looked to have put the tie to bed when Tadic swept in a brilliant third goal just after the hour – which was eventually given following an extensive Video Assistant Referee review to check if the ball had gone out of play in the build-up.

10. AnthonyTug says:

Inter Rapid Wien live score (and video online live stream*) starts on 21.2.2019. at 20:00 UTC time at San Siro/Giuseppe Meazza stadium, Milan, Italy in UEFA Europa League, Knockout stage – Europe. Here on SofaScore livescore you can find all Inter vs Rapid Wien previous results sorted by their H2H matches. Links to Inter vs. Rapid Wien video highlights are collected in the Media tab for the most popular matches as soon as video appear on video hosting sites like Youtube or Dailymotion. We’re not responsible for any video content, please contact video file owners or hosters for any legal complaints tinyurl.

11. HenryBax says:

Theresa May says she has secured “legally binding” changes to her Brexit deal, a day ahead of MPs voting on it.

But European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker” warned if the deal was voted down there was “no third chance”.

They spoke at a joint press conference in Strasbourg after a late meeting.

12. HenryBax says:

These three figures — William Rick Singer, Mark Riddell and Rudolph Meredith, respectively — are at the center of the nationwide scandal in which 33 parents are accused of using their wealth and means to help their children game the college admissions system.
    But those three names do not appear anywhere in the complaint text, though the document gives enough clues to make clear who is who. Instead, they are named as Cooperating Witness 1, 2 and 3, and each agreed to plead guilty and to cooperate with the government in the hope of obtaining leniency when they are sentenced, the complaint says.

13. FrankethEr says:

Trump was surrounded at Friday’s event by officials from Customs and Border Protection as well as surviving family members of those who have loved ones killed by undocumented immigrants. Attorney General William Barr was also at the President’s veto event.
    While some lawmakers including some Republicans — have argued against the President’s use of national emergency powers in this instance, the Justice Department set forth a robust defense of the President’s authority to do so in a letter to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell earlier this month, according to a copy obtained by CNN on Friday.
    “The President acted well within his discretion in declaring a national emergency concerning the southern border,” wrote Assistant Attorney General Stephen Boyd, setting out the legal basis for the proclamation under the National Emergencies Act and additional statutory authorities, which largely tracks an internal memo issued by the Office of Legal Counsel at the Justice Department.

14. Jessemub says:

On how she landed on her direction in life:

“I always knew I was meant to be working in art, I just never knew how. In school, was so confused and always switched my majors around. In 2015, I decided to take a break from school to help out at home and that’s when I discovered my passion for fashion illustration. I drew/a> an illustration of Jhene Aiko and she liked it on Instagram. It kind of grew from there.”

15. RodneyToize says:

Christina was born in the royal castle Tre Kronor on 18 December S. 8 December] 1626. Her parents were the Swedish king Gustavus Adolphus and his German wife, Maria Eleonora, had already had two daughters—a stillborn princess in 1620, and then the first Princess Christina, who was born in 1623 and died the following year.3] Excited expectation surrounded Maria Eleonora’s third pregnancy in 1626. When the baby was born, it was first thought to be a boy as it was “hairy” and screamed “with a strong, hoarse voice.”she later wrote in her autobiography that, “Deep embarrassment spread among the women when they discovered their mistake.” The king, though, was very happy, stating, “She’ll be clever, she has made fools of us all!”6] From most accounts, Gustav Adolf appears to have been closely attached to his daughter, and she appears to have admired him greatly.

16. Richardphize says:

A court has ruled that the building is illegal, and the €57 million ($64 million) Chateau Diter will now have to be knocked down.
    Property developer Pierre Diter, who owns the chateau in the town of Grasse, in Southern France, has 18 months to raze the building and faces a fine of €200,000 ($226,000), Pierre-Jean Gaury, attorney general at the court of appeal in Aix-en-Provence, told CNN.
    “Patrick Diter was accused of having executed important works on a land without authorization,” said Gaury.

17. HerbertRaK says:

Despite residing in Germany for nearly 30 years, there are still some things I cannot wrap my mind around. I may have married a German, pay German taxes, and have German(-American) children, but I guess my US mentality still shines through.

Like when it comes to personal space. I’ll be standing in the supermarket, in front of a shelf full of products, deliberating over the selection, and inevitably a hand will slip itself in front of my face and grab an item from the row. Many Germans seem to not have any qualms about this at all, but it still takes me aback sometimes.

18. EdwardAdvew says:

French President Emmanuel Macron has appointed a panel of experts to investigate France’s actions during the Rwandan genocide 25 years ago on April 7.

Macron has also met representatives of a group of survivors in. Paris

19. CharlesPem says:

Rai News: il primo canale all news italiano. Scopri le ultime notizie in tempo reale. News e aggiornamenti su politica, cronaca, esteri, economia, sport e attualita.

20. 바카라사이트 says:

Actually why you’re still having a hard time if everyone has a way but if the strategy is what you are waiting for on my blog and making it easy for you to trust
    바카라사이트

21. 바카라사이트 says:

Great blog right here! Additionally your website so much up very fast! What host are you the usage of? Can I get your affiliate hyperlink on your host? I want my site loaded up as fast as yours lol
    바카라사이트

22. 카지노사이트 says:

Sweet website, super design and style, rattling clean and utilize genial.
    카지노사이트

23. 카지노사이트 says:

Nice blog! Is your theme custom made or did you downllad it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a feew simple tweeks would really make my blog shine. Please let me know where you got your theme. Thanks
    카지노사이트

24. 온라인카지노 says:

Hello there. I found your website by way of Google whilst looking for a comparable subject, your web site came up. It appears to be good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks to visit then.
    온라인카지노

25. CharlesPem says:

Ryska militarfartyg kommer till Filippinerna samtidigt som spanningen okar kring Sydkinesiska sjon. Men framfor allt expanderar nu Kina langt us i Stilla havet. Det vacker oro i USA eftersom Kina anses hota de amerikanska ubatar som ar helt avgorande vid en konflikt.

26. DMC5 says:

You have made some really good points there. I looked on the net for more info about the issue and found most individuals will go along with your views on this web site.

27. Rickykab says:

The Portuguese road Prevention agency (PRP) has this week called for more and improved traffic stops in Portugal. The agency has also deemed current actions by law enforcement officials as ineffective in dealing with the majority of serious traffic offences.